When I was tasked with including new functionality into an existing, rather big internal web application, I found myself in a bit of a dilemma.
For my own personal projects and several other internal projects I did at work,
I have grown to love web-components using Polymer because of the ease of development
and the natural way to structure applications into (re-usable) parts.
The existing web application in question had been mainly developed with a once (and still) very popular library that shall not be named.
A full rewrite of the application was out of question due to time and budget restraints,
but using Polymer would have a lot of benefits for the future as far as testability, maintainability and extensibility are concerned.
In this blog post I will go over some of the things I did and had to consider to make this work.